Registration for the Burnaby Duck Golf event is now open through The Disc Cellar.
This September, the Golf Islands Disc Park celebrates its 35th anniversary! Join us to participate in the BC Provincials tournament on Pender Island. This will be the first time the Pender Island Golf and Country Club will be utilized as one of the two courses for the tournament. There will be many benefits, both for participants and viewers.
September 19th and 20th,, 2015 are the dates of the tournament, which consists of two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The top four players in the Open division will play a final nine, which will enable the rest of us in the gallery to watch the best disc golfers in BC.
On Friday, September 18th by 1:30 pm, we will have the disc golf course set up at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club for participants to check-in and practice for the remainder of the day. There is no additional cost for play on the Friday as this is covered in your $9 greens fee.
All players must check-in between 3 pm and 8 pm on Friday at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club. No Exceptions.
This is a PDGA C-Tier sanctioned event. We are not assembling players’ packages, thereby keeping the fees lower and organization simpler. There will however be some draw prizes to be won. There is added cash for the Pros and added prizes for the Ams.
The Disc Cellar will be making the trip, and supplying the amateur prizes. Join us!
The 2nd Annual Ogopogo Open presented by the Kelowna Kinsmen is coming up August 22/23 at Myra Canyon Adventure Park in Kelowna. Added cash for the Pros, added prizes for Ams. Shirts and discs in the player’s package.
Registration open now through The Disc Cellar.
So you may have heard that the BCDS Club Discs arrived last week, and it looks like they are all here. In order to get your discs you need to go through a bit of a process, it is as follows:
- Discuss amongst your club and designate a club contact
- Have your club contact reach out to Paul Brownfield to verify that you have submitted registration information for the minimum number of club members
- Paul will confirm your clubs eligibility, and that the club is in good standing with the BCDS (that is fees are paid up)
- Once this confirmation takes place, you can submit your weight preference request to The Disc Cellar (if you have a lot of 150 class throwers, or are intending to use the discs to encourage growth you can ask that you receive more lighter plastic; mold distribution will be more or less the same amongst all eligible clubs). No discs will be released without confirmation from the BCDS that your club is eligible and in good standing.
- Your club contact will coordinate with The Disc Cellar in order to arrange pick-up
- Your club uses the discs to encourage membership growth and strengthen your club
Before you ask, all discs are custom stamped models from Innova, they include:
DX: Beast, Boss, Dart, Dragon, Leopard, Roc, Skeeter, Valkyrie, Wraith
Echo Star: Destroyer, Leopard, Tern
Champion: Eagle, Sidewinder, Thunderbird
Registration for the Duck Golf Finals in Burnaby is now open. The event is split into two one-day events to increase event capacity. As of right now all Amateur divisions are scheduled for Saturday March 7th, while all Pro divisions are scheduled for Sunday March 8th.
Registration is through the Disc Cellar website.
Details for Duck Golf #8. Please note the early start time. See you Saturday!
– Check-in 8 – 8:45 am
– Players meeting 9 – 9:15 am
– Start time 9:30 am 1st round!
– 12:30 pm Break time
– Start time 1:00 – 1:30 pm 2nd round!
– Awards/Party 5:00 pm 14th Ave Pub 32516 14 Avenue (604) 826-0354
If you want to nominate yourself or someone else, The Disc Cellar has some awards they are accepting nominations for (these categories receive gift certificates):
- Professional Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Professional Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Amateur Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Junior Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Volunteer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Tournament Director of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golf Artist of the Year – ungendered
These ones are bragging rights only:
- Canadian Disc Golf Club of the Year
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (BC)
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (Canada)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (BC)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (Canada)
- Sponsor of the Year (BC)
- Sponsor of the Year (Canada)
If you want to make a nomination, go and read more about the awards on their website.
Registration is currently open for both Langley (Duck Golf #3) and Nanaimo (Duck Golf #4).
Langley is currently full with a waitlist of 5 players. They have already increased capacity from 72 (4/pad) to 90 (5/pad). In order to account for the longer rounds that larger groups causes, the player’s meeting will be at 8:30am and the first round will start at 9:00am. There will be no day of registration. As per the tournament policy, full refunds will be processed until the close of registration, after that time it’s at the TD’s discretion. Keep in mind that if you drop out of the event at this time, there is someone waiting in line to take your spot.
If you want to get on the waitlist for Langley, go through the regular registration process (including payment) and you will be added to the waitlist. If you do not get in the event, you will receive a full refund of your payment.
Nanaimo is a full month away, but registration is now open for it as well. There are handy countdown timers in the sidebar (scroll down on mobile) for when registration closes, and direct links to event details, registration and the current list of registered players.
The 4th event in the lower mainland series is the Trilogy Challenge on Monday August 4th. The event is specifically targeted towards newer or less experienced players. Full registration details: http://vancityunited.discgolf.io/e/vancouver-trilogy-challenge
Registration deadline: before Wednesday, July 23rd.
Cost: $35 for non-BCDS members/ $30 for members (read the registration page on how to get the discount)
- Check-in: 10am
- Player’s meeting: 10:45am
- First round: 11:00am
The player’s packages (included in your entry fee) includes all the equipment you need to play that day (you may only use the 3 new discs you receive):
- Three previously unreleased disc golf discs
Dynamic Discs Thief (fairway driver)
- Latitude 64 Claymore (midrange)
- Westside Shield (putter)
- A Trilogy Mini
- Trilogy Stickers
- A Trilogy Lanyard
- A Trilogy Bag Tag
- A Trilogy Koozie
Looks like it’s registration time. Three upcoming events have just recently had their registrations open. In order of urgency/occurance:
- Grouse Season Opening tournament 28 Jun 2014 (details, registration, registered players)
- Hub City Huck @ Bowen Park, Nanaimo 12/13 Jul 2014 (detail/registration currently one and the same) [note: you may have had it on your calendar as 19/20 which were the original dates, in case you note a discrepancy on the internet somewhere]
- The Hopen @ The Hope Golf Club, Hope 20 Jul 2014 (details, registration, registered players)
Of the above only the Hub City Huck is a PDGA sanctioned event (B-Tier), while the others are just local tournaments which require BCDS membership.
Additional events without online registration are taking place as well, so look around if you want to play more or less locally.