All clubs or individuals interested in hosting the 2015 Provincials should send proposals to the BCDS by February 22. Proposals should include information regarding capacity, course(s), dates, a budget, and any other information that you think will help the Events Committee as it makes its decision. Proposals can be given to an officer directly, or sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support of disc golf in BC!
The seventh event in the BCDS Duck Golf series is Duck Golf #7: Victoria on January 10th, 2015.
Registration is available through The Disc Cellar website.
Closes: 5 Jan 2015 @ 11:59pm (Monday before the event)
Capacity: 72 players, players beyond this number will be wait listed.
Refunds/Cancellation: will be allowed until January 3rd with full refunds, any requests to cancel after that date are at the TD’s discretion.
We will be playing a temporary course on Skirt Mountain. There will be 2 rounds on the same course. The event is happening on the top of Skirt Mountain, expect windy, wet conditions, ice and possible snow. Dress appropriately.
Check the DiscCellar.ca web site for full details.
- THE TOURNAMENT START TIME HAS BEEN MOVED TO 8:30 AM to ensure maximization of daylight. Check-in will start around 7:20 AM, and the players meeting will begin at 8:00 AM.
- THE FIELD SIZE WILL REMAIN FIRM AT 72 PLAYERS, again due to daylight. If any registered players withdraw before registration officially closes on Thursday, David Cowley will contact waitlisted players in the order they registered. Although unlikely, if there are any no-shows on tournament day, spots will be given to any waitlisted players at the course in the order they registered.
- The course map has been posted. In addition, each hole will have an Illustrator created hole description sign on the course with visuals and information on recommended routes and potential hazards.
- Gumboots or equivalent are highly recommended. The course is wet, and there is casual water in some areas. The forecast for Saturday is “light rain”, so we should all collectively pray for sun.
- Depending on the length of the first round, the lunch break could be short, so packing a lunch is recommended. I will be providing water and snacks. If you feel there is time to grab food at lunch, there is an IGA on 41st and Dunbar, which is about 1.6 km away from the course. I leave that decision to you.
- There is technically a road closure for water-main repair on Dunbar, between 50th Avenue and 51st Avenue, and 51st Avenue, between Dunbar and the course entrance, but you can still get to the course via this route, as construction is limited to weekdays. The road is bumpy and single file, so drive with caution. Salish Drive provides an alternate route to get to the course. Check on Google Maps.
- You can look forward to some great prizes and added cash.
UPDATED: There will be no day of event registration. Register on-line by Thursday, December 4th to play.
Registration is now open for Duck Golf #5: The Van City United Open at Musqueam Golf Course on Saturday, December 6. You can register at The Disc Cellar website by following the link on the right side of this page. All event information is available there as well. Of note, the first round of this tournament will start at 9:00 AM due to limited daylight, player meeting at 8:40.
All divisions also have an additional $15.00 greens fee attached to them, which goes directly to Musqueam Golf Course. This is a substantial reduction from the greens fees typically charged for their corporate ball golf events, and the tournament will enjoy exclusive use of the course and hall as a result.
Register now to take advantage of a great tournament and course. We hope to see you there!
Logan Lake is heavily overgrown, so the location for Duck Golf #2 has been changed to Rose Hill. Our apologies for the late notice.
The BCDS Summer Series is now concluded. Over the course of the series, more than 170 players earned cash placing them in the race for the top Money Winner in their division! Final division money leaders are listed here. We plan to award trophies at the first Duck Golf event of the year (to be confirmed).
The Board of Directors are proposing a number of bylaw changes for the membership to consider at the AGM. Linked below are three files: the current bylaws; the revised bylaws; and a document comparing the two line-by-line. The changes are intended to support the following nine goals:
- Eliminated the Branch structures and officers
- Cleaned up spelling and numbering
- Added the new officer positions
- Add new appointed positions
- Revised duties to match new positions
- Established that the first meeting of the new board should occur immediately after the AGM ends
- Added a requirement for board insurance
- Added a standing committee (Elections) chaired by the past president
- Added a statement allowing members to be notified of the AGM through the web site.
If you have any questions about the changes, please feel free to contact the Vice President or another Board member.
The first event in the Duck Golf series is The Nesters Liquor Store Open presented by the Whistler RV Park and Campground on October 4th. The event will be a C-Tier event for Pro and Advanced players only. The lower Amateur divisions will be sanctioned by the BCDS only. Registration is available through the DiscCellar website: http://disccellar.ca/event-registration/duck-golf-1/registration/