Note that registration for Duck Golf 6 in Squamish is live on the DiscCellar.ca website. Check there for event details.
- THE TOURNAMENT START TIME HAS BEEN MOVED TO 8:30 AM to ensure maximization of daylight. Check-in will start around 7:20 AM, and the players meeting will begin at 8:00 AM.
- THE FIELD SIZE WILL REMAIN FIRM AT 72 PLAYERS, again due to daylight. If any registered players withdraw before registration officially closes on Thursday, David Cowley will contact waitlisted players in the order they registered. Although unlikely, if there are any no-shows on tournament day, spots will be given to any waitlisted players at the course in the order they registered.
- The course map has been posted. In addition, each hole will have an Illustrator created hole description sign on the course with visuals and information on recommended routes and potential hazards.
- Gumboots or equivalent are highly recommended. The course is wet, and there is casual water in some areas. The forecast for Saturday is “light rain”, so we should all collectively pray for sun.
- Depending on the length of the first round, the lunch break could be short, so packing a lunch is recommended. I will be providing water and snacks. If you feel there is time to grab food at lunch, there is an IGA on 41st and Dunbar, which is about 1.6 km away from the course. I leave that decision to you.
- There is technically a road closure for water-main repair on Dunbar, between 50th Avenue and 51st Avenue, and 51st Avenue, between Dunbar and the course entrance, but you can still get to the course via this route, as construction is limited to weekdays. The road is bumpy and single file, so drive with caution. Salish Drive provides an alternate route to get to the course. Check on Google Maps.
- You can look forward to some great prizes and added cash.
UPDATED: There will be no day of event registration. Register on-line by Thursday, December 4th to play.
Registration is now open for Duck Golf #5: The Van City United Open at Musqueam Golf Course on Saturday, December 6. You can register at The Disc Cellar website by following the link on the right side of this page. All event information is available there as well. Of note, the first round of this tournament will start at 9:00 AM due to limited daylight, player meeting at 8:40.
All divisions also have an additional $15.00 greens fee attached to them, which goes directly to Musqueam Golf Course. This is a substantial reduction from the greens fees typically charged for their corporate ball golf events, and the tournament will enjoy exclusive use of the course and hall as a result.
Register now to take advantage of a great tournament and course. We hope to see you there!
Registration is currently open for both Langley (Duck Golf #3) and Nanaimo (Duck Golf #4).
Langley is currently full with a waitlist of 5 players. They have already increased capacity from 72 (4/pad) to 90 (5/pad). In order to account for the longer rounds that larger groups causes, the player’s meeting will be at 8:30am and the first round will start at 9:00am. There will be no day of registration. As per the tournament policy, full refunds will be processed until the close of registration, after that time it’s at the TD’s discretion. Keep in mind that if you drop out of the event at this time, there is someone waiting in line to take your spot.
If you want to get on the waitlist for Langley, go through the regular registration process (including payment) and you will be added to the waitlist. If you do not get in the event, you will receive a full refund of your payment.
Nanaimo is a full month away, but registration is now open for it as well. There are handy countdown timers in the sidebar (scroll down on mobile) for when registration closes, and direct links to event details, registration and the current list of registered players.
Logan Lake is heavily overgrown, so the location for Duck Golf #2 has been changed to Rose Hill. Our apologies for the late notice.
The BCDS Summer Series is now concluded. Over the course of the series, more than 170 players earned cash placing them in the race for the top Money Winner in their division! Final division money leaders are listed here. We plan to award trophies at the first Duck Golf event of the year (to be confirmed).
What a great weekend! Thanks to all you fantastic competitors, you made the weekend really special and highly memorable. All the final scores are posted on the PDGA’s page for our event here. Looking forward to the fall and winter season; see everyone at the The Nesters Liquor Store Open presented by the Whistler RV Park and Campground on October 4th!
Thanks to everyone who came out and played in dramatic day 1 of our Provincial Championship. A reminder that tee times for rounds at Grouse Mountain will be posted on the PDGA’s page for our event here.
A special shout out to all the volunteers who helped make today’s event run so well – Aaron Donovan for the maps (and the last minute printing), Bob Sun for helping with course set up and food, Ima Moreno for organizing that great lunch from Nuba, Nadine and Sabrina for serving it, Mason for helping with cash, Dan Laitsch for helping with scores, Dave Cowley with technology, Craig Sheather for designing a killer course, Steve Crichton for organizing the beautiful shirts, Mark Halliday of Moonrider Productions for documenting the event in photos and video, and an extra huge thanks to Shawn Luco for being the best right hand man a TD could ask for. Please share the love with these folks!
Remember, buy your pass up the gondola at Guest Services next to the Starbucks at the base of the mountain. Tell the staff you’re with the tournament and they’ll give you the discounted lift price.
Looking forward to see you all tomorrow!!