New South Surrey course

Information about the courses around the Province, changes, closures, damage, clubs, fundraising, etc...

New South Surrey course

Postby J.P » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

Hi folks,
It looks as though we may have a new course coming soon .So what we propose , is to have you guys come out and help with input to hole locations. I'm thinking Saturday July 7 , 2012 @ 11:00am.
Maps will be provided . If we could go out in groups of 2-4 people that would be ideal.This is your chance to put your stamp on what may be our first "premier" disc golf course in the lower mainland.
A suggestion - bring boots , the grass is fairly high.
Hope to see everyone out there !
1277 168th street - there is a gravel pull out on the right side of the street - best place to park
Any questions or concerns let me know.
Cheers,
J.P
P.S Langley course is 20 mins away or Joe Brown 15 min for some golf afterwords.
J.P
Long time reader, first time poster

Postby chaddydaddy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 am

Right on! I was looking at that property and drooling... right across from Meridian Par 3 course right? So you found out who owns it and all that? :) Sweet! Can't wait - this will be worth the effort!
chaddydaddy
Getting comfortable

Postby Looper » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi JP,
that is great news for the Lower Mainland. I'm not sure what you are proposing in your invite tho. Are you suggesting groups go out and scope out potential holes? If so that is not the best way to go about planning a course layout in my opinion.
There are great resources online, especially John Houck's web sites Circular Productions, that provide great input to planning. And after being involved in 5 course designs and installs, the more you reference John's suggestions and involve a small, consistent group, the easier and better your course design will go.
Looper
Getting comfortable

Postby ericv » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

A few hour of walking around is not enough to get familiar with the particularity of the property and layout anything that would have flow. A small group with multiple weekend of planning is in my opinion the way to go. There is no point to look at one hole if it doesn't flow with a complete layout. I totally agree with Looper.
ericv

Postby Nev_Star » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 pm

I think you guys missed the point, I think it's a great plan to get local feedback and suggestions.
No one said were installing a course on the 7th, just looking for input, and potential hole suggestions.
And obviously if your not interested you don't have to go.
Nev_Star
Getting comfortable

Postby J.P » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 pm

I understand what your saying and yes bringing in a course designer does sound like it could and should be the way to go . Just a day in the park to hopefully help in the process.
J.P

Postby Darin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:20 am

That's great. A day in the park sounds like a fun way to get input to me.
Darin
I'm shy

New South Surrey Course

Postby Boomer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Not only is it a great idea to get local feedback and suggestions,
your idea for the 7th is great. could I help scanning and posting
the resulting "idea" maps to the web?

Would you like golfers to bring temp baskets or tonals on the 7th?
Boomer
Relaxed

Postby J.P » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

Cancelled
J.P

Postby James B » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Why? :/
James B

Postby akoenig » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:33 pm

What's the status with this proposed course? Is it still in the works?
akoenig

Postby Jesset » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Proposal is in with the city of Surrey.............. Progress looks positive but will take time. Proposed course is at Fergus Water Shed Park in South Surrey.
Jesset
I'm shy

Re: New South Surrey course

Postby Dan Laitsch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:21 am

Hi all,
The City of Surrey has developed three possible plans for the South Surrey property. Option A, No course and minimal services; Option B, Nine hole pitch and putt and light services; Option C, 18 hole course and highly recreation focused. The full plan report can be downloaded at http://www.surrey.ca/files/Fergus_Open_House_boards_for_web.pdf. Relevant pages are 8/9/10. The City has a survey online where you can vote your preference: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/djmerry/fergus-watershed-park-open-house/. Please take the time to read the plan and fill in the survey. Please also make sure you send this info to friends and family in Surrey! Thanks for your help.
Dan Laitsch
Relaxed

Return to Courses