New Mission Disc Golf Course!

Information about the courses around the Province, changes, closures, damage, clubs, fundraising, etc...

New Mission Disc Golf Course!

Postby markklassen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 pm

The city of Mission is very interested in having a permanent disc golf course installed. However, they need to see that there is enough local interest in the sport. So there will be a public meeting held. Here are the details:

Wednesday, July 24th
6:30-7:30
Mission Leisure Centre

I encourage every local player who would like to see a beautiful new course in the Fraser Valley to attend. If we can pack the place out, the odds of securing funding will really increase. It is likely that the course will not be a full 18 holes. At the meeting I will also be looking for local players to sign up to volunteer for helping with the course installation. Having the equipment and materials provided will be easier than also securing the funds and man-hours to install the course. Some of the Parks and Recreation staff are excited and will also be willing to volunteer their time, and the use of city equipment to help make this a reality.

Hope to see you all there.
markklassen
Long time reader, first time poster

Re: New Mission Disc Golf Course!

Postby markklassen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Also, I'll be giving away one free disc to one of the attendees (provided courtesy of Valhalla Pure in Abbotsford) if that helps you make it out. :D
markklassen

Postby markklassen » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:04 am

markklassen

Postby markklassen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 am

Great news: this course is now officially approved! Will keep you posted on the development.
markklassen

Return to Courses