Code of Conduct

Discussion of anything Duck Golf related

Code of Conduct

Postby rules » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Disc Golf progression within

Just a quick reminder for everyone involved in our growing sport of disc golf & the importance of our governing rules and regulations. “ The Spirit of the Game
Disc golf is played, for the most part, without the supervision of a referee or umpire. The game relies on the integrity of the individual to show consideration for other players and to abide by the Rules. All players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times, irrespective of how competitive they may be. This is the spirit of the game of disc golf.” http://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-m ... olf-events

Since about this time last year everyone who plays the tournaments around B.C has been made aware of a consistent problem within our sport,” Drugs and Alcohol during play”. As far as I know no one has actually been disqualified yet, but we do know of a bunch of people that have been warned numerous times. Their chances have run out and disqualification is a round the corner if they continue this type of conduct .....3.3 Player Misconduct - Official Rules and Regulations of Disc Golf http://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-m ... misconduct

I would like everyone to think about the impact this type of behavior says to spectators of our sport, from people just passing by and watching a few holes to the people who are there to watch with their children.

We are trying to get city councils and local governments on our side so we may have new courses, upgrades, sponsors, and more disc golf related functions. We are trying to grow our sport of disc golf in BC to a new level.

I am calling out all Certified Official’s and Tournament directors to do the right thing and disqualify anyone who does not follow the rules, warning or no warning. TDs and Officials are part of the problem if you turn a blind eye. They obviously do not take the sport seriously in they engage in drugs and school during tournament play. Its well past time someone stepped up and did the right thing.

please lets have more discussion about this topic,
cheers
Mich
rules
Long time reader, first time poster

Re: Code of Conduct

Postby Nev_Star » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Question: Do you think its any better for a spectator to hear the sounds of sweet profanities coming from the bushes on the local disc golf course, tournament play or not? (also in the rules book)
Point being, there are more rules than this one that everyone ignores.... but only this one seems to get the attention.

Do the right thing, report rules infractions to the TD and let them deal with it.
Nev_Star
Getting comfortable

Re: Code of Conduct

Postby coldazice » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

It is my belief that most people playing disregard this rule, out of selfishness my self included.
As disc golf evolved from when I started to play it was a none issue among regular players who if there was an issue you walk away from the deterant. Even when in pre adololecense years I was taught not to be taddle-tale. Today we have full grown adults combatting a social issue. We are not shooting heroin in public places or even In the closet. Some people elect to have a couple beers to play and have fun. Where did that go? The fun of the game? We all most reform to suit a couple of taddle tales... We are not rowdy violent, disruptive, unruly, what we are is golfers... So play and have fun..
coldazice
I'm shy

Return to Duck Golf