The web site for the 2015 Canadian National Disc Golf Championships is now open. For all the most up-to-date information, surf to: http://nationals.discbc.com. Registration is slated to open late on March 19, or early March 20. See you in June!
BC Open details are available here. Registration for the July 4/5 event is set to open March 16.
Registration for the Duck Golf Finals in Burnaby is now open. The event is split into two one-day events to increase event capacity. As of right now all Amateur divisions are scheduled for Saturday March 7th, while all Pro divisions are scheduled for Sunday March 8th.
Registration is through the Disc Cellar website.
Details for Duck Golf #8. Please note the early start time. See you Saturday!
– Check-in 8 – 8:45 am
– Players meeting 9 – 9:15 am
– Start time 9:30 am 1st round!
– 12:30 pm Break time
– Start time 1:00 – 1:30 pm 2nd round!
– Awards/Party 5:00 pm 14th Ave Pub 32516 14 Avenue (604) 826-0354
All clubs or individuals interested in hosting the 2015 Provincials should send proposals to the BCDS by February 22. Proposals should include information regarding capacity, course(s), dates, a budget, and any other information that you think will help the Events Committee as it makes its decision. Proposals can be given to an officer directly, or sent by e-mail to: email@example.com. Thank you for your support of disc golf in BC!
If you want to nominate yourself or someone else, The Disc Cellar has some awards they are accepting nominations for (these categories receive gift certificates):
- Professional Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Professional Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Amateur Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Junior Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Volunteer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Tournament Director of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golf Artist of the Year – ungendered
These ones are bragging rights only:
- Canadian Disc Golf Club of the Year
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (BC)
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (Canada)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (BC)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (Canada)
- Sponsor of the Year (BC)
- Sponsor of the Year (Canada)
If you want to make a nomination, go and read more about the awards on their website.
The seventh event in the BCDS Duck Golf series is Duck Golf #7: Victoria on January 10th, 2015.
Registration is available through The Disc Cellar website.
Closes: 5 Jan 2015 @ 11:59pm (Monday before the event)
Capacity: 72 players, players beyond this number will be wait listed.
Refunds/Cancellation: will be allowed until January 3rd with full refunds, any requests to cancel after that date are at the TD’s discretion.
We will be playing a temporary course on Skirt Mountain. There will be 2 rounds on the same course. The event is happening on the top of Skirt Mountain, expect windy, wet conditions, ice and possible snow. Dress appropriately.
Check the DiscCellar.ca web site for full details.
- THE TOURNAMENT START TIME HAS BEEN MOVED TO 8:30 AM to ensure maximization of daylight. Check-in will start around 7:20 AM, and the players meeting will begin at 8:00 AM.
- THE FIELD SIZE WILL REMAIN FIRM AT 72 PLAYERS, again due to daylight. If any registered players withdraw before registration officially closes on Thursday, David Cowley will contact waitlisted players in the order they registered. Although unlikely, if there are any no-shows on tournament day, spots will be given to any waitlisted players at the course in the order they registered.
- The course map has been posted. In addition, each hole will have an Illustrator created hole description sign on the course with visuals and information on recommended routes and potential hazards.
- Gumboots or equivalent are highly recommended. The course is wet, and there is casual water in some areas. The forecast for Saturday is “light rain”, so we should all collectively pray for sun.
- Depending on the length of the first round, the lunch break could be short, so packing a lunch is recommended. I will be providing water and snacks. If you feel there is time to grab food at lunch, there is an IGA on 41st and Dunbar, which is about 1.6 km away from the course. I leave that decision to you.
- There is technically a road closure for water-main repair on Dunbar, between 50th Avenue and 51st Avenue, and 51st Avenue, between Dunbar and the course entrance, but you can still get to the course via this route, as construction is limited to weekdays. The road is bumpy and single file, so drive with caution. Salish Drive provides an alternate route to get to the course. Check on Google Maps.
- You can look forward to some great prizes and added cash.
UPDATED: There will be no day of event registration. Register on-line by Thursday, December 4th to play.
Registration is now open for Duck Golf #5: The Van City United Open at Musqueam Golf Course on Saturday, December 6. You can register at The Disc Cellar website by following the link on the right side of this page. All event information is available there as well. Of note, the first round of this tournament will start at 9:00 AM due to limited daylight, player meeting at 8:40.
All divisions also have an additional $15.00 greens fee attached to them, which goes directly to Musqueam Golf Course. This is a substantial reduction from the greens fees typically charged for their corporate ball golf events, and the tournament will enjoy exclusive use of the course and hall as a result.
Register now to take advantage of a great tournament and course. We hope to see you there!