Registration for the Duck Golf Finals in Burnaby is now open. The event is split into two one-day events to increase event capacity. As of right now all Amateur divisions are scheduled for Saturday March 7th, while all Pro divisions are scheduled for Sunday March 8th.
Registration is through the Disc Cellar website.
Details for Duck Golf #8. Please note the early start time. See you Saturday!
– Check-in 8 – 8:45 am
– Players meeting 9 – 9:15 am
– Start time 9:30 am 1st round!
– 12:30 pm Break time
– Start time 1:00 – 1:30 pm 2nd round!
– Awards/Party 5:00 pm 14th Ave Pub 32516 14 Avenue (604) 826-0354
All clubs or individuals interested in hosting the 2015 Provincials should send proposals to the BCDS by February 22. Proposals should include information regarding capacity, course(s), dates, a budget, and any other information that you think will help the Events Committee as it makes its decision. Proposals can be given to an officer directly, or sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support of disc golf in BC!
If you want to nominate yourself or someone else, The Disc Cellar has some awards they are accepting nominations for (these categories receive gift certificates):
- Professional Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Professional Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Amateur Women’s Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – gendered
- Junior Disc Golfer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Volunteer of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Disc Golf Tournament Director of the Year (BC) – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Amateur Disc Golfer of the Year – ungendered
- Canadian Disc Golf Artist of the Year – ungendered
These ones are bragging rights only:
- Canadian Disc Golf Club of the Year
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (BC)
- Disc Golf Course of the Year (Canada)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (BC)
- Tournament Layout of the Year (Canada)
- Sponsor of the Year (BC)
- Sponsor of the Year (Canada)
If you want to make a nomination, go and read more about the awards on their website.
The seventh event in the BCDS Duck Golf series is Duck Golf #7: Victoria on January 10th, 2015.
Registration is available through The Disc Cellar website.
Closes: 5 Jan 2015 @ 11:59pm (Monday before the event)
Capacity: 72 players, players beyond this number will be wait listed.
Refunds/Cancellation: will be allowed until January 3rd with full refunds, any requests to cancel after that date are at the TD’s discretion.
We will be playing a temporary course on Skirt Mountain. There will be 2 rounds on the same course. The event is happening on the top of Skirt Mountain, expect windy, wet conditions, ice and possible snow. Dress appropriately.
Check the DiscCellar.ca web site for full details.
Sunday 14, 2014
12 PM, check in - 12:30 start
Robert Burnaby Park
Registration is currently open for both Langley (Duck Golf #3) and Nanaimo (Duck Golf #4).
Langley is currently full with a waitlist of 5 players. They have already increased capacity from 72 (4/pad) to 90 (5/pad). In order to account for the longer rounds that larger groups causes, the player’s meeting will be at 8:30am and the first round will start at 9:00am. There will be no day of registration. As per the tournament policy, full refunds will be processed until the close of registration, after that time it’s at the TD’s discretion. Keep in mind that if you drop out of the event at this time, there is someone waiting in line to take your spot.
If you want to get on the waitlist for Langley, go through the regular registration process (including payment) and you will be added to the waitlist. If you do not get in the event, you will receive a full refund of your payment.
Nanaimo is a full month away, but registration is now open for it as well. There are handy countdown timers in the sidebar (scroll down on mobile) for when registration closes, and direct links to event details, registration and the current list of registered players.
Logan Lake is heavily overgrown, so the location for Duck Golf #2 has been changed to Rose Hill. Our apologies for the late notice.