Registration opens at 8:00 pm Dec.1.
Please go to www.acerunners.ca to sign up.
Registration for the Burnaby Duck Golf event is now open through The Disc Cellar.
- First round will begin at 9:15 am sharp, with players’ meeting at 8:50 am. We strongly recommend you be at the course no later than 8:30 am.
- The course map can be downloaded here: Jericho-Coursemap.
- In case you may not be able to attend, the deadline to have your entry fee refunded is November 5th at noon.
- Uncle Fatihs will be donating 80 large pieces of pizza at lunch. That’s one per person so you may want to arrange additional lunch and snacks. Lunch break will be 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on round times.
- There will be NO day of registration or additions. If there are no shows, spots will be given to players who are already on the waitlist, and are present at the course before the players’ meeting. In case this happens, spots will be given in waitlist order. Sorry, no exceptions, Paul McBeth included.
Please find attached the draft agenda for the 2014-15 Annual General Meeting of the BCDS. Location details to be confirmed, but if another location can’t be found, we will hold the AGM at the Langley Course, October 3, after the Duck Golf Tournament. Dinner at 6:00, meeting starts at 6:30.
All members interested in serving as a BCDS Officer are welcome to self-nominate or nominate a colleague at the meeting. The BCDS Nominating Committee has offered the following slate for consideration:
- President Elect: Leanne Fulton
- Board Executive (to a two year term): Carolynn Howard
- Treasurer (to a one year term, completing a two year cycle): Steve Crichton
If any members wish to bring any business or motions to the AGM, you are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible. See you next Saturday!
We’ve made a number of important adjustments to this year’s Duck Golf league. Full details can be found on the Duck Golf web page. Highlights include:
- All events are now PDGA sanctioned for all divisions
- Registration rates have been standardized by division. Assuming you are a current PDGA and BCDS member, fees are: $40 for all Open divisions; $30 for all Advanced divisions; $25 for all Intermediate divisions; $20 for Novice divisions; and $10 for Juniors.
- If you are not a current BCDS member, you will be required to join the day of the event ($10 for a full year membership). If you are not a current PDGA member, you can either join the PDGA at the event, or pay a $10 fee for the event (if you plan to play more than 4 events, it will save you money to join the PDGA).
- Total series fees remain the same, but there will be smaller CTP and Ace pots to cover the PDGA fees ($5 to the series; $2 to the PDGA; $1 to the BCDS; $1 CTP; $1 Ace).
- To increase transparency, new payout tables are in use for all events. TD’s may also use the tables rounded to $5. TD’s MUST use one of these tables for payouts.
Questions or comments should be directed to the Duck Golf Coordinators or any board officer.
The 2015 Annual General Meeting of the BCDS will be held October 3, immediately after the Langley Duck Golf Tournament (estimated 6:30-7:30PM) in River Walk Apartments Common Room (thank you Carolynn Howard!). The BCDS encourages all members to attend the meeting and to consider taking on a formal leadership role in the organization–if you want to help drive disc golf in BC, this is your opportunity! Please contact Craig Sheather (Past President) if you are interested in taking on a leadership role. Members are also welcome to self-nominate at the AGM. If you have any agenda items, please contact Dan Laitsch (President). A draft agenda is available here.
The 2015-2016 Duck Golf schedule has been released – mark your calendars! Please note that some courses will be announced at a later date.
October 3- Passive Park, Langley
November 7- Jericho Hill, Vancouver
December 5- Robert Burnaby Park, Burnaby
January 9- Tall Timber Golf Course, Langley
February 6- Hosted by the Fraser Valley Disc Golf Club, course TBD
March 5- Bowen Park, Nanaimo
April 2- Myra Canyon, Kelowna
May 7- TBD
The time has come to test your disc golf game against the best in the Bulkley Valley!
Presented by the Bulkley Valley Disc Golf Association
Sunday September 13, 2015
Random flip doubles on Saturday Sept 12@ 5pm
$5 entry per person. 100% payout
Championship (average +3 and under): two rounds of 12
1st round-10am; 2nd round-1pm
Masters (40 years old and up): one round of 12
12pm shotgun start
Amateur (average +4 and higher): one round of 12
12pm shotgun start
Women one round of 12
12pm shotgun start
Youth (15 and younger): one round 9 holes
Championship: $10 plus $5 BCDS fee (membership is sept 2015-sept 2016)
All other divisions: $5 plus $5 BCDS fee (membership is sept 2015-sept 2016)
BCDS membership covers the cost of insurance to hold events at Ranger Park, as well as access to a variety of player and course development resources. 2015/16 membership covers this tournament and all other tournaments in 2016 (Rusty Elbow, Summer Shoot ect….).